Invasive Species Action Month Bingo
June is Invasive Species Action Month (ISAM) in Wisconsin- a time to learn about, identify, report, and control invasive species! To celebrate and encourage you to take action, we invite you to participate in IPAW’s ISAM Bingo. Here’s how to participate:
- Download the Bingo card here
- Cross off activities as you complete them, anytime during the month of June. Complete
- at least five squares to fill a row, column, or diagonal to get a “BINGO”.
- Once you have a BINGO (or once you have multiple BINGOs and are done with the card), send a scan or photo of your card with your name and email address or phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can print your card and mail it by July 3rd to IPAW, PO Box 5274, Madison, WI 53705
- Each completed BINGO on your card will enter you into a drawing for prizes!
Apply to Join the IPAW Board!
IPAW is a non-profit organization whose mission is “to promote better stewardship of the natural resources of Wisconsin by advancing the understanding of invasive plants, preventing their introduction and encouraging the control of their spread”. IPAW achieves its mission through the dedication and activity of its volunteer board members and a part-time program assistant.
We are currently recruiting up to 4 new board members to help us advance our mission. Service on our board is ideal for people who have any of the following characteristics:
- Are passionate about protecting Wisconsin’s natural resources
- Have experience with invasive plant identification, management, and/or monitoring in Wisconsin/the Great Lakes Region
- Are comfortable fielding questions about invasive plants or directing people to relevant invasive plant resources
We are especially interested in gaining board members who have experience or want to gain experience in areas such as:
- Educating the general public about invasive plants
- Communications, including via newsletter, website management, and social media
- Conference/event planning
- Non-profit administration (e.g., non-profit law, bookkeeping, fundraising)
Board members serve 3-year terms and may serve up to 3 consecutive terms. General board member expectations include:
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings. Meetings usually occur via Zoom, with 1-2 in-person/hybrid meetings per year.
- Participate in one or more committees that advance our mission, including (but not limited to): communications, education (events/tabling), conference (Upper Midwest Invasive Species Conference), nominations
- Support existing partnerships and build new partnerships between IPAW and other organizations, such as businesses, agencies, other non-profits, local residents, and others
- To indicate your interest in serving on IPAW’s board of directors, please complete and submit the online application by September 30th. Note that we will begin reviewing and voting on applications as early as our July board meeting (to take place after July 15th) and on a rolling basis through the end of September.
- If you have questions about IPAW or serving on the board of directors, please contact our board president, Kari Hagenow (email@example.com or 920-333-1754)